The Radar Systems Panel (RSP) is a Technical Panel of the IEEE Aerospace and Electronics Systems Society. The purpose of the Panel is:
- to sustain and oversee the program of IEEE Radar Conferences;
- to manage the nomination and selection of candidates for IEEE Awards in the domain of Radar;
- to promote and support publications in the domain of Radar;
- to promote educational activities in the domain of Radar;
- to encourage the submission of nominations for IEEE Fellows and Senior Members in the domain of Radar;
- to provide periodic revision of IEEE Standards pertaining to the domain of Radar.
The Panel is composed of IEEE members who are representatives of industry, government laboratories, educational institutions and professional societies, and who are active in the domain of Radar. It consists of 30 to 45 elected active members, Chair, Vice-Chair, and the recent Past Chair. Membership in the Panel is open to active IEEE and AESS members from the Radar community, who has demonstrated leadership and the desire to advance Radar technology and system capabilities.
The RSP meets at least annually, usually at the IEEE Radar Conference.
The panel currently includes seven Standing Committees:
- Radar Conference Committee: responsible for selecting the venue for the IEEE Radar Conference, consistent with the IEEE guidelines on Conferences.
- Awards Committee: responsible for selecting nominations for the IEEE and AESS Awards, and conducting a selection based on RSP established standards and procedures.
- Standards Committee: responsible for maintaining, periodic revision and communication of the IEEE Standard 686 ‘Standard Radar Definitions’ and IEEE Standard 521 ‘IEEE Standard Letter Designations for Radar Frequency Bands, and provides inputs for other IEEE Standards as requested.
- Education Committee: responsible for advancing the education, publications, and IEEE member levels of students or new members of the Radar community.
- Nomination and Appointments Committee: responsible for the process of nomination of Panel Chair and Vice-Chair, IEEE Senior Members and Fellows, and maintaining the process for selection of Radar System Panel members with the concurrence of the current RSP Chair.
- Waveform Diversity Committee: responsible for fostering the development of advancing technologies to enable more reliable radar operation in a congested spectrum, and within the Policies and Standards of World Wide Spectrum Allocations organizations.
- Civilian Radar Committee: responsible for fostering the development of radar technologies and applications in the civilian, commercial and earth resources monitoring communities, through education and conference initiatives.
For more information, please contact Maria S. Greco.