The IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society (AESS) is pleased to invite submissions of tutorials and short courses for inclusion on the AESS Resource Center. They should be tutorial in nature and develop topics in AESS fields of interest, such as would be suitable for AESS chapter meetings, conference tutorials, short courses or workshops. Author-presenters can support the professional development members of the field and extend the reach of their training material to a global audience. Tutorials are made available free of charge to IEEE AESS members and for differing fees for other IEEE members and non-members.
Submissions are intended to be tutorial in nature: they should provide an overview of a broad body of work. As a guide, we suggest a minimum duration of an hour. Longer tutorials should be split into segments with a duration of approximately one hour. More details on submission and formats are provided below. Submissions will be considered by the AESS Education Committee for inclusion based upon suitability and quality. Please contact the AESS Vice President of Education for more information.
Submissions should include:
- Three-minute high-quality preview video of the tutorial (see recording instructions)
- Tutorial slides as a PDF file
- A list of multiple-choice examination questions and answers, providing five questions per half-hour of tutorial time
- Completed IEEE copyright agreement (click here)
(Note that this agreement allows authors to grant IEEE the non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, and distribute the content but not transfer ownership to IEEE.)
The process for submission is as follows:
- Review the license agreement and confirm that you have obtained any necessary third-party permissions (for reproduced figures, etc).
- Send your tutorial slides and a three-minute video introduction to the AESS Resource Center to [email protected]. These will be reviewed and acceptance or otherwise will be notified to the author before further recording is required.
- When confirmation of acceptance is received, record your tutorial, and send it with the slides, exam questions and completed copyright form to the AESS Resource Center contact [email protected].