The objectives of this Panel are represented by the objectives of the individual committees.
Radar Conference Committee Objectives:
- Solicit and provide preliminary reviews of prospective Conference proposals.
- To strengthen the IEEE Radar Conference series by encouraging more regional and international participation.
- Educate Radar Conference Committees as to Best Practices
- Make a recommendation on the future of the cycle of international conferences
- Maintain a repository of past conference Budgets, Final Reports, and lessons learned.
Awards Committee Objectives:
- To honor our major technology contributors.
- Establish and publish the process for nomination and selection of IEEE and AESS Radar Awards, including the Warren White Award, and the Fred Nathanson Award for Young Engineer.
- Increase the visibility and number of candidates for Major IEEE Awards.
- To award those unselfish individuals who donate their time and energy to promote the Radar community.
Standards Committee Objectives:
- To reaffirm IEEE Std 521 ‘IEEE Standard Letter Designations for Radar Frequency Bands’
- To reaffirm IEEE Std 686 “Standard Radar Definitions”
- To provide input to Standards maintained by other parts of the IEEE.
Education Committee Objectives:
- Invigorate the process for Student participation in IEEE Radar Conference.
- Facilitate Tutorials for Radar Conference and Section Meetings
- Encourage the generation and dissemination of Radar educational opportunities.
- Establish initiatives for undergraduate (Young Professionals) and graduate students, to be funded by the AES Society or Conference Partners, which will attract and expand the AESS membership.
Nominations and Appointments Committee Objectives:
- Establish and document the process for election of RSP Chair & Vice-Chair, and Committee chairs
- Plan and execute Election process for RSP Chair and Vice-Chair
- Facilitate RSP nominations/endorsements for Senior Member and Fellow Grade.
- Establish and document the process for new member acceptance to the RSP. The process will be developed with the concurrence of the current RSP Chair
- Establish and document criteria for removing inactive members from the RSP. The process will be developed with the concurrence of the current RSP Chair
Spectral Innovation Committee Objectives:
- Encourage technical interchanges that address the spectrum allocation and compliance policies that affect the development and fielding of radar systems.
- Organize special sessions that provide new technologies for radar operation in limited spectrum, including MIMO, adaptive and cognitive waveforms, and supporting hardware technologies.
- Provide technical expertise to radar advocates relative to spectrum policymaking.
Civilian Radar Committee Objectives:
- Promote civilian and commercial radar applications, and technology for non-military purposes.
- Organize special sessions that provide new technologies for civilian radar operation such as automotive, aviation, air traffic control, and earth resource and weather monitoring.
- Collaborate and track the needed focus on the shrinking spectrum in civilian applications, but not duplicate the efforts of the Waveform Diversity Committee.
Publications Committee Objectives:
- Promote and increase the number of special sections in the T-AES with key radar themes
- Attract leading authors in key radar areas to join the AES community and publish in the AES Transactions
- Make the AES Transactions, the “home” journal of key radar areas, including emerging new topics (e.g. quantum radar, automotive radar, radar for industrial applications, etc)
- Promote and encourage authors to publish in the new Transaction on Radar Systems
Last Updated June 2022.